A good way to communicate ideas of how to stay positive and healthy whether through the food we eat or the physical activities we perform.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
The Subtle mind
So unit 5 is about the subtle mind and witnessing mind, calm abiding with the ultimate goal of experiencing unity consciousness. So I found myself back in my favorite recliner, ready to focus myself into quiet calm, planning on practicing my witnessing mind and control my thinking and clear my mind. I enjoyed the focus on breathing, it once again helped me to stay focused and keep my mind on only one thought, breathing at a relaxed level and bringing my heart rate and respirations down to slow mo. Unfortunately, I really don't enjoy the woman's voice, she startled me again when she broke the ocean calmness. I am finding a man's mono-tone lower voice more calming than the womans, not sure why, must be a childhood issue...haha Anyway, overall, I enjoyed the focus on breathing with the ocean sound. It is getting easier and the benefits are amazing after a long day at work:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Kelsy! Funny, I find the mans voice more disrupting than the womens...and naturally I prefer the mans voice. So go figure. However, I also find voices or not voices but rather instructions distracting. I would really be into the meditaion and be jarred by the next instructions. I can see the instruction being necessary for a couple of times but after that I could do it better on my own. I also found it interesting how my hands and face seem to get heavy under meditaion...I love the ocean sounds. I am going to have to find a cd with just that on it!
ReplyDeleteHey Kelly, that is funny how meditation can be so different for everyone, I really find the ocean sounds relaxing also, and think I am ready to find a cd with maybe one instruction to begin and then all soothing sounds after that. I think the baratone level of the voice is soothing to me, the higher pitch I just didn't find soothing. Maybe It's because I'm a daddy's girl and my mother has a tendency to make me crazy....hahaha Thanks, kelsy
ReplyDeleteHey Kelsy, I like the ocean sounds as well but all the talking is distracting but I guess we need it in order to learn the exercises. Once we have learned them and are able to preform them with out instruction then the Ocean CD would be a great idea! I found all of this very weird at first but I kept an open mind and now I can not wait to master it! How about you? Had you ever tried meditation before?
ReplyDeleteKelsy,
ReplyDeleteIf you like the breathing exercise you should try Tai Chi. It invlovels a lot of abdominal breathing and is very relaxing. It is so relaxing that I cannot do it in the morning because I am ready for a nap when I am done.
Here are a couple of places to check out.
http://taichiforbeginners.net/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mLnGI9X31Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFqrO5GkepM
The last one is the best in showing begining Tai Chi breathing. It is very metitative and relaxing.
---Anita Rachel Scott (Goehring)
Kelsy, I agree it was the voice of the instructor. It wasn't soothing and relaxing like the male voice we used too. Atleast you were able to get your breathing exercise in.
ReplyDelete