A good way to communicate ideas of how to stay positive and healthy whether through the food we eat or the physical activities we perform.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Loving Kindness
I snuggled into our double recliner with a warm blanket to experience the loving kindness cd. Dacher prepared me for what was to come, as I listened to him I was actually hoping he wasn't going to be the soft soothing voice taking me on my next journey of meditation. A womens voice then began with her directions of relaxing and thinking of others with loving kindness. I like the idea that loving kindness breeds loving kindness, which is what I try to live by with my belief that positive breeds positive, I also believe that positive is stronger than negative, it may not happen the first time but eventually if you are spirtitually and psychologically strong, a positive attitude can make changes for the better. I just veered off the original path of loving kindness......I am finding the amazing quality of emptying my mind through these exercises, and soon I found myself drifting into relaxation and clearing my mind to follow her instructions. She would tell you what to focus on and then the sound of the ocean would take over, the first time she came back on to give the next direction, I nearly jumped out of my chair....haha her voice startled me, once I knew this routine and prepared my subconscious for her voice to jolt me to the next step I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the cd. Over all, I am feeling the benefits of opening my mind and taking my husband on this journey with me. He is loving these meditation exercises and total relaxation that goes along with them. so far so good for me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Kelsey.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the ocean sounds made a far more effective background than some of the other exercises we have utilized in this class so far. I think the concept of loving kindness is a very interesting one, particularly as it can alter our abiliuty to view the rest of the world. When we view others through the veil of loving kindness, it is much easier to see deeper into an individual's potential motivations and possibly see past surface hurtful words to realize what drove thoste statements.
Excellent job with your blog post.
-Joy Clark
I'm glad to hear that this exercise worked for you and that your husband enjoyed it as well. My experience wasn't as good. For some reason I just can't get into meditation and relaxing audios. It's as though I listen to these relaxing messages and try to clear my head and all I do is start thinking about bad memories and I start stressing out even more. I am trying my best to get into this but as of now its just not happening.
ReplyDeleteHey my friend, I first would have to ask you, are you listening to these meditation cd's in a room with 0 distractions? Are you completely comfortable? then I may suggest, how about putting effort into breathing slower and deeper, concentrating more with the breathing, if you get the chatter in the head, just refocus and tell yourself to specifically relax depending on what part of the body the speaker is talking about. I do believe that slowly, if you can turn off some of the chatter, it will start to work for you. Remember to take on your stresses one at a time, I hope your life can begin a journey of healing and contentness so you too can find the happiness you deserve.
ReplyDeleteHello Kelsy, It is great that you and your husband can experience this adventure together! I had the same experience of the womans voice startling me. However, now that I know the routine I can do it without the directions, therefore, avoiding the disruption. It seemed as though as soon as I was really experienceing the relaxation the voice would jump in...
ReplyDelete